22. December 2021 | Series "Tracking youth joblessness during the Covid-19 crisis"
All articles in: Groups of Persons
In general, economic downturns have a greater impact on young people in the labour market than on other age groups. How does the contemporary Covid-19 crisis compare to the global financial crisis a ...read more
4. November 2021 | Groups of Persons
The idea of integration varies greatly and shapes arrival processes
15. October 2021 | Groups of Persons
Not all wishes come true: the occupational compromises youths accept when entering vocational training
Youths often accept compromises when choosing vocational training since they navigate between personal interests and market conditions. The discrepancy between occupational aspirations at school and ...read more
4. August 2021 | Series "Tracking youth joblessness during the Covid-19 crisis"
Youth unemployment in Germany and the United Kingdom in times of Covid-19
20. November 2020 | Series "Covid-19 crisis: consequences for the labour market"
To work or not to work? A case study on the structure of student employment and its possible effects on students’ jobs during the Corona crisis
The consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic affect gainfully employed students in their academic progress due to the cancellation of on-site classes and in terms financial distress due to lost student ...read more
20. August 2020 | Education and Chances of Employment
Daughters of migrants often participate in further training
Participation in vocational further training is unequally distributed among different groups. Migrants daughters often participate in further training. Men, who immigrated themselves, seldom take ...read more
18. June 2020 | Education and Chances of Employment
What do we know about the employment of refugees in Germany? Answers to some frequently asked questions.
15. May 2020 | Education and Chances of Employment
School closings during the COVID-19 pandemic: findings from German high school students
In Germany, more and more companies are offering measures to improve the reconciliation of family and work. This carries benefits for companies and employees alike, because family-friendly measures ...read more