30. July 2021 | Series "Covid-19 crisis: consequences for the labour market"
All articles in: Forms of Employment
28. May 2021 | Series "Covid-19 crisis: consequences for the labour market"
Social protection of atypical workers during the Covid-19 crisis
8. August 2019 | Forms of Employment
Marginal part-time employment in Germany: live or let die?
For many mini-jobber it has not been worthwhile to work longer hours up to now. This is a serious obstacle for securing a sustainable supply of skilled workers. A well-thought-out reform completed in ...read more
13. June 2019 | International Labour Markets
Digital Social Security: How does it work? An interview with Professor Enzo Weber
20. December 2018 | International Labour Markets
The rise of online labour markets: freelancing and gig working via internet platforms
The article focuses on online gig economy which is transnational and spans a full spectrum of skills, from data entry to software development. The gig economy offers an interesting view to the future ...read more
13. September 2018 | Labour Market, Employment and Social Policy
Setting out for Digital Social Security
Platform work is increasing worldwide, leaving a serious lack of social protection. In spite of the international and flexible character of platform work, extending social security is feasible – if ...read more
3. April 2018 | Forms of Employment
Bogus self-employment in Germany. Also a question of definition
Based on a large-scale empirical study with 30,000 participants, the IAB explored the dissemination of bogus self-employment in Germany. In particular, the study analyses which labour market groups ...read more